Thursday, August 13, 2015

Kai's Quilt made by Laurie Buck

The class I taught in Ithaca and the meeting Gwen Marston would not have been possible without this friend from Ithaca, New York.

Our workshop was based on free-form blocks. Soon after the workshop Laurie was going to visit her grandson in Seattle and she decided to use Two of the free-form blocks - Rail Fence and Peppermint Pinwheels and make this baby quilt.


This is what I am hoping for my book to do. As I have said in the book, free-form blocks are like a building blocks, an idea to explore more. I can see not only the patterns in the book to be made into many different ways but the idea of free-form blocks also being applied in many ways both for art quilters as well and improve quilters.

Lauri decided to applique her grandson's name in the back of the quilt and finished it with hand quilting with Perle cotton thread.

Here is a close up of her quilting.

I am sure this quilt is going to be loved!

Thanks Laurie for sharing your quilt and the idea of endless possibilities.

One request for all of you who - if you purchased the book on Amazon, if you haven't already, would you consider writing a review?
Thanks!

I am off to St. Louis tomorrow. May be I will see you there?

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.