Wednesday, April 1, 2015

No Ugly Flowers - An Update



Since I first posted about my No Ugly Flowers project
(using Sujata's Peppermint Pinwheels design)
I've made some progress.

February brought two pink blocks into the mix.



March saw this cheerful yellow flower appear . . .


. . . along with this more subdued gold flower.

(Be sure to enjoy the text fragments -
I love the way they appear and disappear between the petals)


April's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is purple.

Here is the tip of the first purple block with the phrase
"Art is good.  Sew your little heart . . ."



And here is a detail from the second purple block.

(although it looks more like blue in this photo)


'

These blocks are so much fun to make!

I already know that I will not be able to
keep working on this one month at a time.

As you can see,
I've already chosen more colors . . .


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

  1. Peppermint Pinwheels is such an attractive pattern and ideal for these lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I am loving these colors on newsprint fabric. I for one would have hard time sticking to one a month. Spring is officially here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors against the newsprint fabric-nice fabric choices!! They look like fun blocks to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the saturated flowers against the newsprint!
    I would be willing to bet you've made a few more since this posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.